Auto Save: Saving without code
Auto Save allows you to save supported Components on a GameObject and prefab instances.
Enabling Auto Save in your scene
- Go to Window > Easy Save 3 > Auto Save and press ‘Enable Auto Save for this scene’.
- Select the Components that you wish to save on the GameObjects in your scene.
- Press the gear icon next to the Component to choose what variables are saved for all Components of that type.
Auto saving prefab instances
- Right-click the prefab and press Easy Save 3 > Enable Easy Save for Prefab.
- Go to Window > Easy Save 3 > Auto Save > Prefabs.
- Select the Components of the prefabs you want to be saved
Choosing when data is saved and loaded
Change the ‘Save Event’ and ‘Load Event’ in the Auto Save window.
Filtering the hierarchy
You can use the search bar above the Auto Save hierarchy list to filter the GameObjects displayed by name.
Add tag: to the beginning of your search term and it will filter by tag.
Triggering Auto Save from code
It’s recommended to set the Save Event and Load Event to None when manually triggering Auto Save from code.
// To save
// To load
Changing the filename or path from code
ES3AutoSaveMgr.Current.settings.path = "MyFile.es3";